1. From the main WordPress menu, go to Listings > Add New. The listings template will automatically load.
2. In the title field, put the property address, including the city. Always spell out the street name, without using abbreviations. (Example: 123 Main Street, Los Angeles)
3. Scroll to photo gallery. Upload all images to the gallery section. (How to use WordPress galleries)
Note that Joseph’s hosting provider limits the size of files that may be uploaded to his site, so you may need to resize any large photos before uploading. Optimal dimensions are 1200px wide.
4. At the top of the text area, delete the text “(insert main image here)” and replace with the photo you are using as the featured photo (typically a shot of the front exterior of the property). Use the image from the Media Library that was added in the gallery upload – do not upload an additional copy of the photo.
5. (Optional) If a descriptive title has been provided with the listing (such as “Amazing View Property” or something along those lines), add that text between the main image and the property details area, using the Heading 2 text type.
6. Delete the text “Property details go here” and replace with the description of the property.
7. In the property details meta box, add all pertinent details about the property. (Ignore the custom text field, which is not used on this website.) DO NOT HIT SEND TO TEXT EDITOR BUTTON.
8. Add map embed code from Google Maps in the appropriate field under Property Details. Use the small size embed code. DO NOT HIT SEND TO TEXT EDITOR BUTTON.
9. Add the featured image. You will most likely need to crop and resize this image. In order to display properly in his navigation menu, the image must be a 2:1 aspect ratio; twice as wide as it is tall. (1000px wide by 500px tall 0r 800px wide by 400px tall, etc.)
10. In the Status meta box, choose the appropriate sales status of the listing.
11. In the Features meta box, optionally add any notable features of the property (pool, views, etc.)
12. Click the Publish button to make the listing go live on the website.